Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Girl's Night


This post is a little delayed...to start off the Christmas break we decided to have a girl's night!

We decided it was time for a night with just the girls so I had the woman faculty and students over for facials, manicures and chocolate! The guys played dodgeball...we had WAY more fun :).

The girls had a great time getting their nails painted by Sis Angie, a teacher at WISE, she has completed nail school so she is excellent! I made a homemade facial mask, we all felt our skin was extra smooth afterwards and believed we looked younger (or so we told ourselves).

I found the recipe on Pinterest, if you don’t know what Pinterest is then you need to! I love it. The recipe is:
1/2 tablespoon Local Raw Honey
1 1/2 tablespoons Organic Oatmeal, ground ( I always grind my oatmeal in my coffee grinder, but you can also use a food processor.
1/2 tablespoon Organic Milk

Place honey in a microwaveable bowl and heat on high for about 10 seconds. Add the oatmeal and milk to the warmed honey and stir well. Let the mask sit for a minute or two. This will help it thicken up. Apply to clean face. I usually put a thin layer on my face and then I go back over it with another layer of the mixture. Leave mask on face for 30 minutes and then wash off. It takes a little bit of effort to wash it off. I just use a warm washcloth and wipe it off in sections. Apply your favorite moisturizer once the mask is washed off.

Now you can have your own girl’s night and treat yourself with a facial and some chocolate, I suggest Lindor truffles; there were a hit at our party!

Showing off our face masks



All of our Christmas nails

No comments:

Post a Comment