Monday, January 28, 2013

Big Things in Small Groups

Every Sunday night we have small groups with our students; it is a great time to study God's word and to get to know our students on a deeper level.  A couple of weeks ago I asked our students to share their testimony with the group, so far we have gotten to hear 2 of our students and it has been awesome!

The first student opened by saying "I am special" I think this was a great reminder that all of us were made as part of God's plan.  What an uplifting attitude to have about yourself and your Creator-that he makes us all special.

Another student shared about his experience in the Haiti earthquake of 2011. He was visiting his 2 best friends when the earthquake hit, he survived, unfortunately his 2 friends did not. Again, this student feels God has a plan for him because he survived and he knows he must do great things for God.

It is such an encouragement to see the strength and courage that so many of our students have.  Many of them have overcome many hurdles in their lives.  I am overwhelmingly thankful for each and every one of our students and that they are all here to learn more about God and their purpose.

"I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, because I hear about your love for all his holy people and your faith in the Lord Jesus. I pray that your partnership with us in the faith may be effective in deepening your understanding of every good thing we share for the sake of Christ. Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the Lord's people." Philemon 1:4-7

I hope this encourages you to share your testimony and faith with others so they may see every good thing comes from Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment